Saturday, May 2, 2009

1st Package from the MTC!

These 2 items will help us share our son's mission journey in a wonderful way! After enjoying so much the audio tapes we have sent back and forth with Elder Ryler, one of the first mission items I bought for Elder Parker was a micro cassette recorder! Then for his 19th birthday we gave him his "mission camera".

It is such a delight to be able to "hear" him through these tapes and "see" him in photos! I love technology!

Today (Saturday) we got the first camera card and audio tape from Elder Parker!!! There was also a regular handwritten letter, 6 pages long, both sides!! Man the mail from him has been great so far! =o)

I should mention this now so you aren't always wondering if what you are reading is from Elder Parker or the ramblings of his Missionary Mom (MM)... to differentiate I will try to always post what Elder Parker writes in italics and when its just me talking it will NOT be in italics. We'll see how that goes anyway...

I love getting mail! lol It's such a weird thing, it feels like I have been at the MTC FOREVER but its only been a week, and then at the same time its like "holy macaroni it's been a week already! where did it go?!" lol

I've committed to study as hard as I can! and its working! Thanks for shooting off a DE (dear elder letter) so soon too! It was fun to get mail so soon! =o)

Thanks for the update on the blog I loved reading and hearing about what others would be reading and seeing! I was able to get a short letter/email (both) off to Elder Ryler on P-day congratulating him on his call! How awesome is that!! =o)

Anziano Kinzie's folks taught him Italian for about 6 years but he had forgotten most of it, it's starting to come back now though and its awesome! I LOVE IT HERE!!!!! This is the coolest place!!! its wonderful!

Thank you soooooooooooo... much for the letters you sent right after hearing about my toe!! Its going great now! The infection is gone and its in the healing stage. Yet another miracle and blessing from the Lord!! I got the letters right when I got back from the podiatrist, hooray for missionary mail!

Elder Kinzie's eye is totally fine now and its all good! The hard thing is the construction is EVERYWHERE! Its all good though its the Lord's work and I really think that part of it was for the BMX YM! He was alright! Hurt but not horribly!

Its so cool feeling the Spirit work in your life for your betterment! i.e. I have been trying to focus, really focus on feeling the Spirit in everything, its so cool. In our devotional on Sunday (SO AWESOME!!!) we were singing "
A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" and I started to bawl, the part where the Savior asks will you die for me, I thought ya know what, I would! But don't worry I doubt that's going to happen! But still it was awesome!

The Lord has really blessed me to learn this language! It's so cool! and such a beautiful language too! Its cool to see how the Lord blesses His children.

I have a cold lol I'm fine though and getting over it quickly! So don't worry! =o) Anziano Kinzie has been really helpful!

Other than that things are going awesome! I love the MTC!! This is the Lord's work!! It's really awesome!!!!! I love it!! This is where I am supposed to be!! It's true, I wake up and am so confident this is where I am supposed to be!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!! Love, Anziano Nielsen!! Ciao!

Note from MM: In this letter he also wrote out an entire door approach in Italian, it was really amazing! He also mentioned his brother's new calling, you'll have to check that out on Elder Ryler's mission blog! (see first link in side bar)