
Luckily we didn't have to wait long because his "preparation day" (aka "P-Day") was on Tuesday and he was able to send us an email then - which was the very next day! We had to read between the lines though, that his toe must be okay, because the only mention of it was at the very end! lol (if this makes no sense to you, read the post just before this one)
Here are some excerpts from that first email...
Hey! I'm writing you on my first P-day in the MTC!!! Holy cow!! It's so cool here!! I love it!! The Spirit is so strong, everyday I feel His influence stronger and stronger and it becomes a part of my life more and more!! It's wonderful!!!!
Things have been going great so far!! So much I have been learning!! I can now pray, bear testimony, and door contact in Italian!! WOO HOO!! ha ha!! The Lord is really helping me out!!!!
The best part of the day is at 11:30 and at 4:30 because that’s when the mail comes!! So since I will only be able to do email every Tuesday KEEP WRITING!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have much time for e-mail, it's only a half an hour, and half the time was taken up in the setting up of the account.
Ok so my companion! Anziano Kinzie he is so awesome!!!!!! I love him!!! We are working really hard on the Italian!! We officially started SYL (Speak your language) yesterday for weekdays (except for P-day) and weekends except for Sunday! And while there is a lot of silence we are learning the language really fast!!
Ok back to Anziano Kinzie! He is the man!! It's been a little rough adjusting to having someone around 24/7 but he is so cool it doesn't even matter!! He has been really helpful to me since he already knows the language pretty much! Both his parents served in the Catania mission and he lived for a semester in Milano!! Cool huh!!!!
SO guess what? On the second night we spent most of it in the ER!! Anziano Kinzie got something in his eye that cut his cornea! WOW! They are doing some construction right now here at the MTC and they were cutting a cinder block when we walked by, the wind kicked up and well we went to the ER! We both had fun and took a lot of pictures!! The cool thing is we realized later that there was more that one reason for our being there! While we were sitting waiting to be seen there was a young man probably about our age who had been in a BMX accident and we talked to him and made friends with and it was great!! I wish I had a pass-along card or an English Book of Mormon to give him! But all I had was Italiano!!
There is so much more to tell you but the computer is going to kick me off in a couple of minutes so the rest will be in letter form! I can't wait for next Tuesday where there is something in my inbox lol!! But please still send letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven’t had a problem getting up yet....yet lol! We get up at 5:45 to make sure we can get a shower, especially a hot shower! The problem is that although there are two bathrooms with plenty of showers all of the ones in the first bathroom are really, really, really cold, and all the ones is the other are really, really, really hot!! So it's hard trying to find a happy medium! lol! But it's all good!! I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!
My teachers are amazing!! Sorealla Birdsall and Fratello Garlik!!!! (Garlick..perfect for an Italian missionary lol!!) Sorella Birdsall teaches everything in Italian...NO ENGLISH! It's wonderful though!! It is really helping me pick up on it quickly!!!! They both rock!! We spend most of the day with them, other than food and sleep!!
So far being a DL has been awesome! We have a great district it's wonderful!! I love it!!
Also don't worry I make my bed and brush my teeth haha!!
Have a great week!!!
P.S. the toe story is in a letter on the way!!! :)
Here are some excerpts from that first email...
Hey! I'm writing you on my first P-day in the MTC!!! Holy cow!! It's so cool here!! I love it!! The Spirit is so strong, everyday I feel His influence stronger and stronger and it becomes a part of my life more and more!! It's wonderful!!!!
Things have been going great so far!! So much I have been learning!! I can now pray, bear testimony, and door contact in Italian!! WOO HOO!! ha ha!! The Lord is really helping me out!!!!
The best part of the day is at 11:30 and at 4:30 because that’s when the mail comes!! So since I will only be able to do email every Tuesday KEEP WRITING!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have much time for e-mail, it's only a half an hour, and half the time was taken up in the setting up of the account.
Ok so my companion! Anziano Kinzie he is so awesome!!!!!! I love him!!! We are working really hard on the Italian!! We officially started SYL (Speak your language) yesterday for weekdays (except for P-day) and weekends except for Sunday! And while there is a lot of silence we are learning the language really fast!!
Ok back to Anziano Kinzie! He is the man!! It's been a little rough adjusting to having someone around 24/7 but he is so cool it doesn't even matter!! He has been really helpful to me since he already knows the language pretty much! Both his parents served in the Catania mission and he lived for a semester in Milano!! Cool huh!!!!
SO guess what? On the second night we spent most of it in the ER!! Anziano Kinzie got something in his eye that cut his cornea! WOW! They are doing some construction right now here at the MTC and they were cutting a cinder block when we walked by, the wind kicked up and well we went to the ER! We both had fun and took a lot of pictures!! The cool thing is we realized later that there was more that one reason for our being there! While we were sitting waiting to be seen there was a young man probably about our age who had been in a BMX accident and we talked to him and made friends with and it was great!! I wish I had a pass-along card or an English Book of Mormon to give him! But all I had was Italiano!!
There is so much more to tell you but the computer is going to kick me off in a couple of minutes so the rest will be in letter form! I can't wait for next Tuesday where there is something in my inbox lol!! But please still send letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven’t had a problem getting up yet....yet lol! We get up at 5:45 to make sure we can get a shower, especially a hot shower! The problem is that although there are two bathrooms with plenty of showers all of the ones in the first bathroom are really, really, really cold, and all the ones is the other are really, really, really hot!! So it's hard trying to find a happy medium! lol! But it's all good!! I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!
My teachers are amazing!! Sorealla Birdsall and Fratello Garlik!!!! (Garlick..perfect for an Italian missionary lol!!) Sorella Birdsall teaches everything in Italian...NO ENGLISH! It's wonderful though!! It is really helping me pick up on it quickly!!!! They both rock!! We spend most of the day with them, other than food and sleep!!
So far being a DL has been awesome! We have a great district it's wonderful!! I love it!!
Also don't worry I make my bed and brush my teeth haha!!
Have a great week!!!
P.S. the toe story is in a letter on the way!!! :)
Please note:
We have since found out Elder Kinzie's eye is completely OK!
I have mailed some English pass-along cards to him =o)
Vocabulary:
(yes they have an MTC lingo with new acronyms to learn! lol)
(yes they have an MTC lingo with new acronyms to learn! lol)
DL = District Leader
(he was called to serve in this position of helping the other 5 Elders in his district, see previous post)