Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jan 27 duties of a Senior Comp

This week has been really great! Awesome in fact! Some what challenging but none the less a wonderful week in the service of the Lord!

I am loving being the senior companion but I am really starting to see how much I need to learn! It's been a blast though!

Some of the things that I take care of now are:

I am in charge of the work and how it goes, setting appropriate goals to help the work move, making sure everything in the companionship is going well etc....!

One of the best things I learned from my other senior companions was to really sit back and listen to the junior companion! I can learn so much from Anz. Marx! He is awesome!! He really is a great missionary! We have had a lot of fun together already! This is going to be an awesome transfer! That would be really cool if he got stationed in oki him being in the air force an all! In fact he took Japanese and speaks quite a bit still, that and his dad served his mission in Japan (Tokyo North!) Just like my dad served it Japan! yay for Japan!!

Anz. Marx has a lot of really good ideas to help the work move along here in Brindisi! He is really fired up about the work and ready to go! I love it! I am very excited to work with him! It has been great being senior companion this week but I really have learned a lot!

Since it was the first time for Anz. Marx to meet Roy and Bonnie they cooked us a big BIG meal! It was really good! Bonnie being born and raised in Texas made us some really good fried chicken! man it was tasty! Then we had a good lesson with them and as always had a good time! They are fantastic! I love them! Roy has been going to the hospital lately because they discovered a tumor behind his ear! They say it's ok though because it is on the surface instead of being on the inside but still he needs to get it removed. He is going to go pick up his yacht from France in March so he may get it removed then....we'll see! Hopefully he will be ok! He is a great guy! In fact he has invented a method for freeing people from rubble (after seeing the destruction in Haiti) that should be very successful!

We had a lesson with Sina! She is so awesome! She made us her special dessert called bloob bloob bloob! She calls it that because when it makes that sound its done lol! It’s really tasty! It’s just a cream kind of thing! We talked about the Book of Mormon with her and are doing our best to strengthen her testimony of it! The powerful thing about the Book of Mormon that I fear we often forget is it really is the key stone of our religion and when we have a testimony of it we know that everything thing else in the church is true! That book has such power! We need to be reading it every day to strengthen us and help us continue forward! Man I love the Book of Mormon!

Saturday we went out into our housing area to do some more work out there! It is a really golden area! We had some fun talking with some great people! Most of the time when we ring someone's citofono (its like the outside gate doorbell to get to the door doorbell) they just open the gate so we go in and knock on the doors. When they answer we do a basic approach and the usually say "oh we already have a bible" or "we already believe in Christ" and start to put up a wall. SO what I like to do is talk about what they believe! I say "yeah the bible is really important because it brings a wonderful literal testimony of Christ!" they agree and then I continue "in fact we have another testament of Christ and what He did in America" etc.. I really like to do that because it works! I love doing house! It is probably on of my favorite methods!

Sunday was great day! I loved it! It was Anz. Marx' first Sunday here and he really liked it too! The members really delivered this week!! The talks were just extra great and the members really felt the Spirit! Then after church we went and ate dinner with the Palma family! It was really good! S.lla Palma is a really good cook! We had some pasta (of course!) and then some really good meat and then fruit and then cake! That is usually how all the courses go when you eat with Italians! It's awesome!

Later that night we had a lesson with our new member Richard! He is doing great! He found work...but he has to work on Sunday! We are praying for him to be able to find a different situation! It is just so hard for them to find work! I hope he can! He really misses church and really wants to come back! The members really miss him too!


He mentioned doing “mostra” out in centro and had some great lessons that way too.

He was called to be the Branch Archivist and is putting his computer skills to good use!

They printed a list of the entire branch and called everyone to see who would want to meet with them.

They are working on some advertising for their English course.

They got locked in at the Church and locked out at their apartment all in the same day but were able to get out of both situations successfully. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment