Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jan 20 new calling and new companion

I am doing just great!! And I have had a super week! So many miracles so many blessings! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!

That is pretty awesome that the mission home sent you an email about my call to senior companion! I’m nervous but I will do my best to do what the Lord wants me to do!

So yes I did get a new companion. His name is Anziano Marx! He is awesome! He is a great guy! I’m sure we will get along really well!! We are a pretty young companionship though. He is in his 4th transfer and I am in my 6th, it will be awesome though!!! I am really excited! Nervous but excited!

Anz. Marx is from Portland Oregon, he studied for a year at the air force academy and wants to be a pilot. he loves running, in fact he ran the Seattle marathon and placed first for his age group, plus he ran for air force! He's good! He is a great guy! I really like him!

Yeah Peter's situation is really gnarly huh!? They really can make him be a part of their church if they want just by firing him and making him live out on the streets again with no work. Well there is a camp here but most of the Africans don't like it there they say it's not the best place in the world to live so they prefer to have a house. It's just a convoluted mess. BUT we did get to see him on the street the other day for the first time since he didn't show up at the baptism. He ran up to me and gave me a HUGE hug! It was so great to see him again! We are hoping that we can meet this family soon and let them know we are good people and maybe even teach them too! The Lord will provide! It's all good! "Tutto Posto!"

With the investigator that had the bad experience at church we actually got to see and talk to her the other day! We went over so Anz. Wood could say good-bye to her. She told us that that day she had actually had a problem with her family and so she was just upset about that. So she is totally fine and wants to keep meeting with us! Thankfully!

Wednesday after we went and did email, we actually had a really good lesson with the guy that works here at the internet point! He told is that he wasn't really believing of really anything, and told us that he had posed a question to his priest that his priest couldn't answer and from that day he hadn't been to church. We answered the question for him (it was: How did Adam and Eve multiply and replenish the earth with only cane and able as children? he had never read the bible really, which is classic here for most people. We just showed him where it talks about the other children of Adam and eve.) He was really down with the answer and said that he had never felt the way he felt before! We talked with him for a bit and then went on our way. I had hoped he would be here today but he must have been called into his other job, and just his wife is at the store today.

Sunday was probably one of the most memorable Sundays I have had here in the mission! Bonnie came to church! As well as an investigator from Poland! It was awesome! The culminating part of the whole thing was that after church we were talking with bonnie and she told us that she had been away from church for so long she had sort of forgotten it but that day we showed up at her door was the day she decided to come back. She told us thank you, and when we asked her for what she said "For saving my eternal Soul!" WOW!!!!!! What an experience! I am so humbled that the Lord was able to work through me to literally find His lost sheep and bring her back to His fold! He really does know each and every single one of us and will do everything He can to help us! It was such an incredible Miracle! God lives! I KNOW IT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a missionary! It is the greatest thing ever!! What a great day!!

I am excited to be senior comp now and do my best to help my companion! The Lord will help me and it will be all good! I love it here!!

The Stake Presidency has a goal for Brindisi to be a ward in two years, he thinks they can do it sooner and the PMG class will help the members get ready for that.

He was not expecting the transfer call since he had only been with Anz Wood for one transfer. Anz Wood is now in Cosenza as a Zone leader and he stayed there and is now the Senior Companion. He said he has learned a lot from Anz Wood and will hopefully be able to learn a lot from Anz Marx as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment