One thing I forgot to mention that I really love is the Life is Good magnet! Oh man that is awesome!! Life is good!
The traveling is really fun! I love it!
The mafia thing was actually kind of exciting! I’m sorry it happened to those people but it was yeah kind of exciting...
Street is totally awesome now! I am pretty much comfortable with it for sure! In fact I love it! It is getting way easier!! rejections are nothing! we get so many of them in a day its really just nothing now! we have got some crazy ones too! not to talk myself up or anything I'm just used to it now I guess lol!! We hand out what we call opuscoli or pamphlets (sp?) to read!
Oh yeah I remembered along time ago you asked me what the Italian equivalent is to "ne" and its "no" like you had a good day no? lol I was excited to tell you that one cause I remembered you had asked!
We do splits with the district leader so they can see how we are doing, same for DL's with the ZL’s and ZL’s with the assistants. Other splits are just done out of need!
Still don’t know the branch mission plan! lol! Working on that though!
Happy Halloween!!!
So the last period of time that has passed in which we have not had the opportunity to write seeing how there are rules in place in order that we are being the best we can be has been awesome, nerve-racking, stressful, and exciting....all in all a very good week lol!!
Ok so the usual day to day run down that is becoming more and more of a habit for me to do so you know what I have been up to is as follows: :)
Wednesday after we did email, we ended up going....no-where...lol we went back to the house, well first we went to Magda's house to get a really good Romanian salad that she made for us and then we went and got the offerta...we love the offerta lol!...then we went back to the house, cleaned and got stuff put back in order, wrote letters and ate the food! It was a fun p-day to just kind of relax for once!
Both Anz. Shaw and I were nervous because the next day, Thursday, was transfer calls so it was nice just to hang out together and talk!
Ok so Thursday, the morning was pretty normal, we did the usual stuff, street, house, got some food, etc... the main thing of the day is that we got transfer calls!
Ok so here is how it went down:
We were sitting in an appointment with Magda (new member lessons) when the phone rang...Anz. Shaw talked with pres. first and then handed me the phone. The cool thing is, I was really nervous at first but then the second I heard his voice I was completely calm! I LOVE pres. Toronto!
Anyway he told me that Anz. Shaw was getting transferred and I would stay in Crotone! As you know lol! I like how you found that our before I told you lol! Anyway Anz. Shaw got transferred to Foggia, it’s in the very northern part of the Puglia. I found out after that, that my new comp would be Anz. Halverson! he is AWESOME!! I will get to that though lol!
Ok so after the calls, we had English course and then just went home.
On Friday we had planning and we tried to have service with Alessandro but there was a CRAZY storm again! So we just did planning and get stuff ready and the house. Anz. Shaw started to pack etc... after that we started all the activities that we do when a missionary is leaving the city, i.e. we went and saw tons of people, did some street etc....oh we went and got the offerta one last time too!
Saturday was more of that stuff, we had a lot of running around to do! It was really busy! Not to mention in the evening we had a dinner with English course students, and we met Magda's twin sister and her boyfriend from London! he was really really funny with that British dry wit lol! it was really fun! The students took us to this really good restaurant for pizza! It was cool because it had this garden on the sea with a giant pirate ship so that was fun to see, and they even had some fireworks so that was great! it was all really sad though, because it was all for Anz. Shaw who was leaving!
I feel bad that I didn’t really talk that much about him, but I LOVE Anz. Shaw! He is awesome! We are like brothers! It was really hard for me to see him go! really hard!! I miss him, but Anz. Halverson is awesome too!
So Sunday we said all the good-bye's with the branch etc... and then in the evening finished packing and getting everything ready for Anz. Shaw to go... i.e. finish dedica's and stuff!
Monday morning we woke up really early to catch the bus to Cosenza where he would meet up with another Anz. that was going close to his city. That was a sad bus ride too!
We dropped him off at the bus station at 10:00 and then he was gone! that good-bye at the bus station was hard too...dang transfers are hard...but we learn and grow from them and we do what the Lord wants us to do!
After that Anz. Alvarado and I did splits for most of the day until our new comps showed up around five. I had a lesson with the ZL's in Cosenza and then I met my new comp! Anz. Halverson from Las Vegas!!!! he is AWESOME!!!!! We already get along really well!! It’s awesome!! We have had a lot of fun so far!! We jumped on a bus, after having family home evening in Cosenza, to Crotone! We got to know each other better along the way and had a good time!
Yesterday we did a lot of unpacking and stuff helping Anz. Halverson get used to the city so that was fun!
This morning we had a great lesson with a guy on the street that was really excited about the Book of Mormon! So that is awesome!! I am excited to follow up on that!! and now here we are at the castle writing! I am really excited for this transfer it should be really fun!!
I'm not sure what we will do for Halloween since it doesn’t really exist that much here, and our branch is well too...old....to do a party. We may go to Cosenza and join their party, though I don’t know for sure! We'll see! either way I am excited for the holiday! lol! :)
Also coming up we are going to have a conference with Elder Kerr (a GA) from Switzerland so that is REALLY exciting! I am really looking forward to that!
Well that has been it for the week so far! It’s been really fun! Stressful but fun! I am excited to get to know Anz. Halverson better! He is a great guy! I like him already! I am sure we will get along great!
Have a great week!
Love,
Anz. Nielsen
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment