Thank you for your excitement for Tuni! We are so excited about it!!!!!! I can't wait! In fact after this today we have an appointment with him! We are super excited to talk more with him!! It is going to be great!
Go forward with faith is a great great mantra!!! It really works!
Offerta means offer like as in a deal. We just call it the offerta because it’s shorter and we know which pizza we want exactly lol! It also comes with fries and a drink! It’s really good!!
Oh yeah Hawaiian pizza! I miss that! It is completely un-kosher to put fruit on pizza here in Italy lol!
[The “advice” from] Alessandro is that he always says something like or similar to, "tomorrow is another day," or "Be happy!" he says he is a sage! lol! He's great!
Yeah it is so great to have so many people to teach! I LOVE IT!! Teaching is like really my favorite thing to do! I mean finding work is great and all, but for missionaries, we are happy teaching! It is so fun! I get so pumped after a great lesson! I’m skipping and hopping all over the place lol!
As I have been reading the BoM my testimony has increased SO FREAKIN MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW the POWER in that BOOK!!! IT IS SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to share it with everyone!! I love the description Elder Kerr gave us....it’s a treasure! Literally! It’s awesome!
Our week has been, well, lets just say, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So after email last week we went back to the house and just kinda chilled again, listened to so music, wrote some letters, just relaxed! We went and got a few things we needed as well! It was really fun!!
Also Wednesday we tried to get a hair cut for Anz. Halverson...he likes to have "professionals" do it but they were all closed.
Thursday we came back to the castle to finish email (we got kicked off early since they wanted to close). We also went and bought water and some other stuff and did some finding work in the morning. Then in the evening we went and found a place where Anz. Halverson could get his hair cut. After we were going to have a great lesson with Nerina but she called and said that she and her family were a little sick! We wished them well and said we would stop by soon! After that was just English course. It was good!
Friday we had the usual service. Got a bucket o' tangerines again! That was great! We eat SO many of those! They taste so good! just like Mikan tangerines! It’s awesome!
After that we had planning. I don’t know if I have ever told you this but service and planning take the whole morning, then lunch. So usually Friday we don’t have any work.
After lunch we went down to Lungomare "boardwalk" to see if we could find Annita! The last time we went she wasn’t there. On the way you are never going to believe what I saw......................now you are going to have to prepare your self for this....................................I could barely handle it............................I SAW....................................... SOMEONE......... SURFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID I actually did! There were waves I wanted to look at really quickly and there in the water was one guy surfing! I saw his wife over on the pier calling to him, so I ran, literally over and started talking to her! I was like, do you know him!?!?!?!?! and she said yeah, and I told her that I surf! and for the first time I was able to use surfing to teach the gospel! Not only that, it was the coolest thing in the world! We made immediate friends!! It was awesome! Then he came back in and well, he is awesome!!! He speaks English too! Man the surfing connection is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could describe how immediately we were able to connect over our love of the ocean! AND when we talked about the gospel he (Mirko is his name-o!) was like I LOVE Mormons!! You see he lived in California for awhile to surf!! Man he is awesome!! It was THE funnest thing ever! You should have seen how excited I was! I took a picture with him after too! Man it was so cool! I was able to use tons of surfing analogies that they could connect with! It was great!! I invited him to come surfing with me in Japan after the mission and he invited me to come stay with him here in Italy and go surfing! Which would be AWESOME!!!!! I would love it! It was great!!!! You know me!! It was great for me lol!!!
Ok so the next super awesome thing was when we went to Cosenza for the conference with Elder Kerr!!!! We got up at around 5:00 to get on the bus to Cosenza and got there about 8.
We went to the church and started to greet all the other anziani on the "mainland" That was awesome!!! We got to see everyone!! Shaw, Benson, Sponseller, Rappleye, Hansen, everyone! It was such a blast!!!
And then Elder Kerr....HOLY.....COW!!! He is so awesome!!!! Not only does he have the sweetest Scottish accent and attitude! But WOW! It was probably THE greatest conference ever!!! I learned A LOT!!! It was so great!!! The Spirit was so strong! He joked, he cried, he bore testimony; he held our attention for an entire 5 hours! It was incredible! We learned SO SO MUCH!
Then the great thing was that later in the night he was doing a fireside for the members and any investigators that were there. We got to stay for that because we were going to be going to the Stake (really district) meeting with him on Sunday! And as a part of that I got to see Anz. Kinzie again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was awesome!!!!!!!!!! [Anz. Kinzie was his MTC companion!]
The Lord hears and answers prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the conference we got a ride with the Harris couple back to Crotone and had a good talk with them! Also the drive through the mountains was great! The leaves are turning! We took a scenic detour and I tried to take some pics from the car, it was really pretty!!
Then yesterday Anz. Shaw came back to do his permesso! SO it's been fun to see him!!
And Anz. Halverson and I will be going to Bari to do his permesso!! lol!! Still the permesso guy!! Mine is ready to be picked up!!
Also pretty much the mission is sick from the conference, I already had it so I am fine, but Anz. Halverson and Shaw got hit pretty bad, and so did a lot of others. They are doing a lot better now! So it’s all good!
Well everything is going great here for me! I am happy healthy and well!!! Have a great week!!!
Love,
Anziano Nielsen
Go forward with faith is a great great mantra!!! It really works!
Offerta means offer like as in a deal. We just call it the offerta because it’s shorter and we know which pizza we want exactly lol! It also comes with fries and a drink! It’s really good!!
Oh yeah Hawaiian pizza! I miss that! It is completely un-kosher to put fruit on pizza here in Italy lol!
[The “advice” from] Alessandro is that he always says something like or similar to, "tomorrow is another day," or "Be happy!" he says he is a sage! lol! He's great!
Yeah it is so great to have so many people to teach! I LOVE IT!! Teaching is like really my favorite thing to do! I mean finding work is great and all, but for missionaries, we are happy teaching! It is so fun! I get so pumped after a great lesson! I’m skipping and hopping all over the place lol!
As I have been reading the BoM my testimony has increased SO FREAKIN MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW the POWER in that BOOK!!! IT IS SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to share it with everyone!! I love the description Elder Kerr gave us....it’s a treasure! Literally! It’s awesome!
Our week has been, well, lets just say, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So after email last week we went back to the house and just kinda chilled again, listened to so music, wrote some letters, just relaxed! We went and got a few things we needed as well! It was really fun!!
Also Wednesday we tried to get a hair cut for Anz. Halverson...he likes to have "professionals" do it but they were all closed.
Thursday we came back to the castle to finish email (we got kicked off early since they wanted to close). We also went and bought water and some other stuff and did some finding work in the morning. Then in the evening we went and found a place where Anz. Halverson could get his hair cut. After we were going to have a great lesson with Nerina but she called and said that she and her family were a little sick! We wished them well and said we would stop by soon! After that was just English course. It was good!
Friday we had the usual service. Got a bucket o' tangerines again! That was great! We eat SO many of those! They taste so good! just like Mikan tangerines! It’s awesome!
After that we had planning. I don’t know if I have ever told you this but service and planning take the whole morning, then lunch. So usually Friday we don’t have any work.
After lunch we went down to Lungomare "boardwalk" to see if we could find Annita! The last time we went she wasn’t there. On the way you are never going to believe what I saw......................now you are going to have to prepare your self for this....................................I could barely handle it............................I SAW....................................... SOMEONE......... SURFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID I actually did! There were waves I wanted to look at really quickly and there in the water was one guy surfing! I saw his wife over on the pier calling to him, so I ran, literally over and started talking to her! I was like, do you know him!?!?!?!?! and she said yeah, and I told her that I surf! and for the first time I was able to use surfing to teach the gospel! Not only that, it was the coolest thing in the world! We made immediate friends!! It was awesome! Then he came back in and well, he is awesome!!! He speaks English too! Man the surfing connection is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could describe how immediately we were able to connect over our love of the ocean! AND when we talked about the gospel he (Mirko is his name-o!) was like I LOVE Mormons!! You see he lived in California for awhile to surf!! Man he is awesome!! It was THE funnest thing ever! You should have seen how excited I was! I took a picture with him after too! Man it was so cool! I was able to use tons of surfing analogies that they could connect with! It was great!! I invited him to come surfing with me in Japan after the mission and he invited me to come stay with him here in Italy and go surfing! Which would be AWESOME!!!!! I would love it! It was great!!!! You know me!! It was great for me lol!!!
Ok so the next super awesome thing was when we went to Cosenza for the conference with Elder Kerr!!!! We got up at around 5:00 to get on the bus to Cosenza and got there about 8.
We went to the church and started to greet all the other anziani on the "mainland" That was awesome!!! We got to see everyone!! Shaw, Benson, Sponseller, Rappleye, Hansen, everyone! It was such a blast!!!
And then Elder Kerr....HOLY.....COW!!! He is so awesome!!!! Not only does he have the sweetest Scottish accent and attitude! But WOW! It was probably THE greatest conference ever!!! I learned A LOT!!! It was so great!!! The Spirit was so strong! He joked, he cried, he bore testimony; he held our attention for an entire 5 hours! It was incredible! We learned SO SO MUCH!
Then the great thing was that later in the night he was doing a fireside for the members and any investigators that were there. We got to stay for that because we were going to be going to the Stake (really district) meeting with him on Sunday! And as a part of that I got to see Anz. Kinzie again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was awesome!!!!!!!!!! [Anz. Kinzie was his MTC companion!]
The Lord hears and answers prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the conference we got a ride with the Harris couple back to Crotone and had a good talk with them! Also the drive through the mountains was great! The leaves are turning! We took a scenic detour and I tried to take some pics from the car, it was really pretty!!
Then yesterday Anz. Shaw came back to do his permesso! SO it's been fun to see him!!
And Anz. Halverson and I will be going to Bari to do his permesso!! lol!! Still the permesso guy!! Mine is ready to be picked up!!
Also pretty much the mission is sick from the conference, I already had it so I am fine, but Anz. Halverson and Shaw got hit pretty bad, and so did a lot of others. They are doing a lot better now! So it’s all good!
Well everything is going great here for me! I am happy healthy and well!!! Have a great week!!!
Love,
Anziano Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment