Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oct 21 Email (part 2)

[for some reason blogger isn't letting me post this email all at once so I had to split it up...]


Sunday we had fast and testimony meeting since all the weeks after conference we couldn’t, it was good! Pres. Sarcone was really the only one who spoke lol. The way church goes here is we have, at 9, priesthood and the women have relief society, then at ten we have sacrament meeting, which goes for about 40 minutes, then after that we have the missionary spiritual thought, where we talk about the work, share a message, ask for referrals and try and get the members excited to do missionary work! It was really good!


After Church we went back to the house and had lunch, studied, read the scriptures, wrote some letters etc… After that we took the sacrament to some members from another city (that live here at the moment) to visit a sick family m ember in the hospital. They couldn’t come to Church because the visiting hours at the hospital are right when Church is. So we took them the Sacrament and had a short lesson and got to know them a little.

On the way back to the house we were both really really hungry and wanted warm food but we didn’t have anything. We managed to gather everything we needed to make pasta except for the sauce, the most crucial part! That was hard so I said a prayer and felt that we would be able to get sauce (we call it pasata) with out breaking the Sabbath. When we got home I felt like we should go ask our neighbor, so we did and she was really really nice! We were willing to pay but she was like "do you want to offend me!?" it was an awesome answer to prayer!! Some may say it is a coincidence but I know it was a direct answer to my prayer!

Monday the Anziani from Catanzaro came to do splits (since Anz. Pelfry is our district leader) so that was a blast! Their train was late though so when they got here we did a quick district meeting, then went and had lunch! I was cooking and was nervous because as a companionship we get used to the way each other cooks, and I didn’t know if the other Anziani would like my pasta. But they all seemed to, they even had seconds and thirds so that was good!

After lunch we did the splits, for about an hour lol! Their return train was leaving soon and they had an appointment with a new investigator! I went with Anziano Alvarado (he is from Peru, but lived in Rome for 3 years so he only speaks Italian with us!) He is AWESOME! We went and had a lesson with S.lla Olga and it was great! I found out that he is a convert as of six years! It went really well! He is such a funny guy too! It was a blast! After that Anz. Shaw and did some street and talked with some more people and then went home!

Yesterday Tuesday, we did our usual stuff in the morning and talked with a lot of people! We also went and got some groceries since we were running low. We had a few good lessons! Then at night we had English course. That was as usual very fun! It was hard though because Pres. Sarcone scheduled a meeting to figure out the branch mission plan and we couldn’t be there because of class. SO as the missionaries for the Crotone branch we don’t even know their mission plan lol! It was a crazy night! But fun!

And today, well we’re not sure exactly what we want to do, maybe we will go see a castle or something, I don’t know!

Tomorrow is Transfer calls!! Dun dun dun! lol!! It will be interesting to see what happens! I may be leaving Crotone, I don’t know! I will let you know as soon as possible! Wish me luck! Transfer call days are always nerve racking days lol!!

Well that has been pretty much it for the week! It was a blast! I LOVE being a missionary! It rocks my socks! The church is true, the book is blue and Moroni is always on the ball! Have a great week and I will talk to you later!!

Love,
Anziano Nielsen

[P.S.] I didn’t even realize!! I had totally forgotten!! Thank you for wishing me a happy anniversary!! [Oct 22 was 6 months on a mission, 4 in the field!]

No comments:

Post a Comment