Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nov 4 Email and a Baptism scheduled!!

We are having a maxi conference this week for this transfer, and then there should be one more next transfer, but Christmas is halfway through the transfer. However I heard that last year President invited the MTC districts to the mission home to spend the night there and have a good Christmas dinner! And I have heard that he might do that this year! SO hopefully! That would be really fun! either way there will be two [transfers] before Christmas I think!

Sometimes I will walk around and realize that "whoa! I live in Italy!!" it is really cool!!

Its great being here! I can really see that this is where the Lord wants me to be!!

Man there have been so many miracles with this move!! That is so awesome!! I LOVE seeing the Lord's hand in our lives!

Every day (which Anz. Shaw and I did this every night) think of at least one way you have seen the Lord's hand in your life! It's awesome!!

We hope Magda's twin one day will want to hear the gospel, but for now no. Magda is working on that though!

A dedica is like a book thing that we write for our companions [
when they get transferred] with pics etc. to remember them by!

Speaking of Elder Hicks, he married my comp’s cousin lol! Small world huh!!?? It’s pretty cool! [
Elder Hicks was a companion to Ryler in Japan!]

Little Italy!! I LOVE IT!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! !!
[
we think this is “fun to say”! Try it, and I bet you’ll agree! lol]

We do do daylight savings here!

Well my week has been pretty much FLIPPIN awesome!!!

Let me tell you why, I wanted to tell you the first thing because I don’t think I could contain it any longer!!

How's that for getting you all curious!? lol!

Now you are thinking "oh come on! just say it!" lol!

Alright I will!

TUNI IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We talked to him, actually this morning and asked him and he said yes!! Then he bore a really great testimony!! It was so awesome!! He will be baptized on December 5, one day after his birthday, and one day before transfers! The only thing that is making it so he has to wait more is he needs to come to church, which he hasn’t been able to do! But now we have a plan and are "going forward with faith!" which is our mantra with him! We are so excited! It is awesome!!! It was really great!!

Ok now for the usual weekly run down!

Wednesday after we finished email we went and walked around the city a bit to get Anz. Halverson oriented. I have to keep reminding myself, I have been here since June, and he has been here a week lol! It's going great though! We have TONS of fun!

After that we went and got the Offerta....which is.....: the great deal on pizza that we get from the store where we are "usuals"!

Thursday we did the regular work! We did a lot of street and more city orienting as well and going to tons of different stores trying to find a little thing to fix our kitchen sink which was leaking really bad! lol! We got that fixed now and it’s good to go! Then in the evening we had a great lesson with Magda and then English course!

Friday was Anz. Halverson's first time doing service with Alessandro and it was pretty fun! We did all the usual stuff and he gave us some of his "advice" and a TON of fruit! We got tons of tangerines and clementines which are great! Also it was fun because even though Italians don’t really celebrate Halloween they have some stuff and Alessandro had some, not carved, but painted pumpkins! It was fun!

After that we had planning and got some great stuff figured out for the branch, our investigators, and even some new finding ideas!

Saturday we finally had some money so we jumped on the bus to Cutro to go to Lidl to get food! We got some great stuff...oh and get this....are you ready....they had CHEDDAR CHEESE!! ha ha! We were pretty excited about that! Cheddar pretty much doesn't exist here, and this even is just a few days thing. Lidl every once and awhile has things from other countries like America, England etc... This cheese is from England! It’s really good! While we were there a lady came up to us randomly and asked if we are "Mormons" we told her yes and she asked us for "our book" so we gave it to her and she was really excited about it! After that she just walked away before we could do anything...it has our number inside so hopefully she will call!

When we got back we did normal missionary stuff until around 7:00 when we met Magda at the church to have a Halloween party! She brought us some candy which was really nice! She said “I know you Americans like candy today so I got you some!" it was really nice! We had some pizza and watched The Restoration video! It was a fun little party for us lol! :)

Sunday was great!!! Oh man I love Sundays!! First off it was great fun introducing everyone to Anz. Halverson. Then Pres. Sarcone gave a great talk about temples and their importance. Then S.lla D'oppido gave a great testimony. THEN Magda gave a really fantastic testimony. THEEEN we had had a lesson with Magda about praying in public and we told her to pray about it. Well she got her answer lol! Pres. Sarcone called on her to give the closing prayer! It was totally inspired!! It was awesome!!

THEEEEN later that night as we were doing street we had 3 GREAT lessons in a row! One was with THEE most down to earth teenager ever in Italy! He told us he would LOVE to talk to us because as he put it he is "very curious about religion!!!!!!!!!" Then we were walking along and a great lady called us over from her window, her name is Annita! We had a great lesson with her and a return appointment! It was a great day!

Then Monday we jumped on the train to go to Catanzaro for district meeting, which was great! On the way I did some more reading from the BoM. Pres. challenged us to finish it before the end of the year, and I have a ways to go! I read from Jacob to Alma! It was awesome! I've always known but I love to reaffirm the awesomeness that comes from reading from the scriptures every day and studying them! Also Pres. challenged us to, as we read, note:
The names of Christ
The Attributes of Christ
The Atonement of Christ
And how the BoM proves the restoration!
SO I have been writing down all those in my little "surf journal" and it’s been great!

After we got back from district meeting our house owner called to tell us that he was bringing us a new shower! So they came and installed that! And let me tell you IT IS AWESOME!! We have (and I may have told you) been using what we call the "shath" because you have to sit down in the tub and use a little hose to get wet. Now we have a normal stand up shower! It’s awesome!

Oh yeah funny story on that! Here at our house they don’t use a water heater. It’s called a caldeie. It heats it really well but well it breaks a lot lol! It's fixed now, but for a couple of weeks what we had to do was: we first hurry and wash our hair just standing outside the shath, then we would hurry and restart the caldeie to get soapy, this whole time too we have water boiling on the stove, then we would hurry and use what little hot water there was to get wet and soapy then finish with the boiled water lol! It was quite an adventure!

Ok so Tuesday we had a follow up appointment with Annita. But it turned out that she wasn't there because she was having leg problems and will be back later in the week!

Later we were supposed to have a branch council but Pres. Sarcone never showed up lol! He finally did after English course and took us and Magda out to dinner at his son's restaurant! It was a really fun treat! We watched a soccer game with him and his family there! It was fun! Then we talked about some great stuff! He also asked us to come by in the morning to give his son a blessing!

SO this morning we stopped by the restaurant to give him a blessing but it turns out he wanted a blessing or a dedication on the store itself. SO we just ended up saying a prayer for it. It was a good tool though because this son isn't a member and it was cool that he recognized the power of the priesthood! So that was good! He told us to stop by anytime!

After that we did a little "Giro" while we waited to meet Tuni! We actually found him a little early and had a great lesson! and well as you know HE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!

It’s been a great week so far! I am excited about the rest too! We have an appointment with Nerina tomorrow, then on Friday we have an appointment with Roberto and Catarina and then on Saturday we have the maxi conference with Elder Kerr!! We are excited for that because well he is a GA and there is mail and we get to see all the Anziani from Calabria, and Puglia! It will be great!

It’s going to be awesome!!

Love,
Anziano Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment