I actually am almost done with the tape and camera card for this and last month so I should be sending that home soon, sorry again it’s taken so long to get it done! I think I am going to ask Ry what and how he did all that! lol!
The lesson on the pier was totally awesome!! It went great as well!!
Yeah Anz. Lewis is awesome!! I actually did tell you what his favorites were in the very first email I sent from Italy...at least I think I did lol! If not here they are again...he loves beef jerky, Fritos, and he loves pancakes (they don’t sell pancake mix here in Italy) and oatmeal! lol! Remember Ry’s comp that just wanted bean dip lol!!
Missionary work is SO AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
I still can believe that [Ry] will be home in TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! That is so CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! Wow Ry will be home! And he's going to Nauvoo!!!!! And he will be rooming with JASON!?!?!?!?! SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!! Oh man I can't believe it!!!!! Thanks too for having me "be" there lol! It has been rough and still sort of is, but at the same time I am so happy for him!!!!
Here’s a photo of what he’s referring to about having him “be” there for Elder Ry’s return…
Will you make sure to take a picture for me!?
This is totally where I need to be!!! I LOVE IT!!
Gelato sounds like a fun date! We found this little gelato place here called bloob that is delicious and cheap! We go there on our free day!
The Gela trip was totally a lesson in patience haha! But it was still awesome though! Because....are you ready.....I DISCOVERED AQUARIUS!!!!!!!!!! It's not exact but its good enough for me!!!!! And it is only small little bottles! But it's awesome!
For those of you who don’t know about Aquarius, here’s a photo of Parker in Oki with it, this became quite a favorite for the guys and Elder Ryler even sent some home for his bro in packet form!
We will probably attempt next transfer, if I am still here that is! I most likely [will] be here, but ya never know!
NUTELLA ROCKS! lol! Glad dad is enjoying!
[click "Nutella" for more about what this is and here's a pix]

Yeah oh poop is the new phrase lol!!
Man the frustrating thing here is that no and I mean NO business stays open according to their hours, they all just do what they want lol!! It's nice and laid back but it can be frustrating when you need to do things!
President was going to do interviews with us on Sunday, but he had to cancel. He will however be here Saturday, or maybe Friday I can’t remember lol!
Yup four of us together! The bedroom is just one room! We have six beds in a row and sleep every other. (the extra beds are for visiting people.) It’s really fun! We all get along great! We have a blast! Anz. Benson is from Roosevelt Utah, and Anz. Shaw is from Sandy Utah! We are all a bunch of Utahans lol! Except for Anz. Lewis! [he’s from AZ]
The native Aussie talk was great! Wow Whitby is in Australia!?!?! That is awesome! I didn't know that!
Wow and Travis is home!?! That’s crazy!!
Monica is great! [an investigator he mentioned in last week’s email)]
Yeah permanent simpatizzanti are pretty common here! Lol! (simpatizzanti are investigators!)
My spelling is lacking really bad here now lol! I can only remember the spelling of things in Italian lol! There is virtually NO English here lol! Every once and while we will see some Engrish so that's fun! [Engrish is the term for Japanese translations of English that are close but not quite, and sometimes pretty funny, I asked if there was something like that in Italy and this was his response, now we just need to coin a new word for it! Suggestions anyone??]
We are very excited about Ruperto!
Our Gela Trip would be a fun movie lol!!
I did get a picture of the lady that cooked for us! She reminds me a lot of Grandma Hansen, sort of in looks but in mannerisms too! So that was fun for me!
Old Italian ladies LOVE to feed us! ha ha! But all we have to say is "basta per me, grazie lo stesso!" (enough for me, but thanks all the same!)
Power naps are very helpful I’ve discovered!
Man oh man Salvatore really liked his gift lol!! It was so fun watching him!! He gave us good cake too!!
Italian Pizza is different in that they brick oven cook all of it, toppings are different, I don't know if it's actually that different it's more of it's good in its own way! Oh man Little Caesars!! That sounds good too!! I loved all the fun runs we had with that!
The new ties are as follows
One for Crotone (had the colors of the soccer team here)
One for the companionship tie (nice red color)
And one new for the color of the year (yes they do have that here lol!) (It’s purple!)
I still love my [other] ties!!
We had Maxi Monday and Tuesday! It is a conference with all of main land Italy (of course in this mission) so all of Puglia and all of Calabria (I am in Calabria). For the presentation we do skits basically, they were all SOOOOO funny! Not like scout camp skits, really well done skits! Ours was actually a movie we made here. It went great!!
For my work out, I go for a jog, then lift (they have a weight set here in Crotone) it's been going great! I actually really like running! I actually lost more weight! I am at the very last notch on my belt and it is pretty loose, worry ye not though belts are really really cheap here, like 40 cents cheap lol! And they are good leather too!! I love it here!!
The sweating is just part of life now, its here its there it’s everywhere lol! We have a fan and an AC, and Crotone is a pretty windy city. That is actually what the little strip of cloth with button holes in it from the MTC package is, it’s a tie stay. We make that out of old shirts. You slip that through the thing on the back of the tie and button it to your shirt and there you have it one stationary tie! lol! They are very handy here!
For my week not much has happened different (other than maxi conf.) since I emailed so late last week.
So Sunday was great! We had a great sacrament meeting and priesthood meeting! (we only have two, and actually priesthood is first, to make it easier for the small amount of members because with Sunday school everyone would have to teach all the time so it was shortened) After that the missionaries give a spiritual thought, and I did it this week. It was on Ch. 6 of PMG. I prayed SOOO hard for the gift of tongues! And it worked!! I was able to teach the branch! Total testimony to me!
On Monday...
Dag nabbit! He's closing again!
Sorry I won’t be able to come back later tonight! This will have to be it for this week!! I will tell you about maxi next week I guess! Just know that it was great and I loved it! Spiritually uplifting!!
Have a great week! Good luck picking up Ry!!! Wow!! Have fun!!
Love,
Anz. Nielsen!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment