Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Aug 26 Email

Holy cow! I can’t believe that Ry has been home for a month already!! That is crazy! That went so fast!! Especially for me! I can believe how fast that went!!

I can’t believe how long I have been here already! But at the same time it feels like it’s been a really long time! It feels like I have been doing this my whole life! lol!! I love it!!

Thanks for the congrats on losing weight too! It has been great! I actually don’t really fit my pants anymore but there is a tailor here that said he could take care of that easy! So I am going to have him do that for me! so don’t worry! :)

My advice is go where and when the Lord wants you too. I was thinking about that the other day, in that I came on my mission early because I felt that was what I was supposed to do right, and it was hard because I missed seeing Ry but the blessings have been awesome!! It will be worth all the difficulty of it to do what the Lord wants!

That quote is fantastic too, and it is Elder Eyring, here in this mission it is our mission quote, we are supposed to memorize it! I LOVE IT!!

[here is the quote by Elder Eyring I had sent him]

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small talking, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear. ~Henry B. Eyring

The concerts, we are allowed too, if not too late, to go to on pday or just walk by, we don’t really go though, while there are many to talk to, it’s too loud, and
[not always a good atmosphere], so we can go but we don’t really.

I love all the fresh fruit!! It is so good here! Southern Italy is known for it!

Ok so for my week it has been pretty much awesome!!

Wednesday after email we did some more stuff at that park, we really like it there, mostly because no one else is there and we have a lot of fun! We're still not sure what we want to do today, either go to another castle, or just do some stuff here.

Speaking of castles I am doing my email right now inside of the Crotone castle! COOL HUH!?!?! I am sitting in a real castle doing email!!

Ok back to last week lol "I digress"! on Thursday we contacted a referral from Pres. Oliverio (the district president here) and she was so down with wanting to meet with us!! We didn’t even have to ask her! We walked in and she said hi etc... then she was just like when can you come over and teach my family! BAH!! COOL!!!! We are meeting with her tomorrow! I am excited to see how it goes!

Friday was planning, it went well, we got a lot of stuff figured out for investigators. In the evening we went and did some house and met another African from Nigeria, his name is Tuni! And he is officially an investigator now!! He is awesome!! He is so down with the gospel!! We taught him lesson one on Monday, and today we had another lesson with him where we watched the restoration movie, right before this. And after we asked him again to pray to know about it, and he said and I quote "After watching this movie, and after what you told me last time, I know this is true! But I still want to ask God to make sure it is right!" HOLY COW!!!!! IT WENT SO WELL!!!!!!!!! It was awesome!! He is really progressing well!!! It is so fun watching him learn and grow in the gospel!! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he really wanted to read it! It was awesome!! Oh man it was great!! lol!! :) :) :)

Ok lets see also this week there is an art exhibit here at the castle that is pretty cool, and since one of our English course students works here at the castle we got to go in and look around at all the stuff for free, there is a lot of neat stuff, but also a lot of really weird stuff lol! But not my kind of weird art, just straight up weird lol!

It’s also been really hot this week! August is the hottest month of course and we get this wind up from Africa that just bakes everything! It’s all good though! Everyone...and I mean everyone is sweaty so its normal! lol!!

Oh yeah speaking of African this is how you say hey how are you in Nigerian........Voyeh (Pronounced voh-yeah, you have to say it very deep and in the back of your throat. then you reply with....Oh Yeh Si! So there is your African lesson for the week lol! They really like it when you speak their language!

Well it’s been a great week!! I am super happy healthy and well!! And loving the missionary life!!

The ZL’s are coming this week which means that I will get mail! so that’s exciting!

Well that's it for this week! I love it here!!!! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Anziano Nielsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment