Well this week has been fantastic!!!!
Last week after e-mail Anz. Lewis and I went to that Pythagoras park to play around and had a BLAST!! It was awesome!! Very releasing if you will! We were running around jumping off of stuff lol! It was a blast!!
We have both been feeling great! We are helping each other loose weight, as well as being exercise partners! It’s going great!! We run every other day and lift on the other days!! It’s really fun!! I have already lost a lot of weight!
After the romp in the park, we were walking home and we stumbled upon a tribute band playing down on lungo mare! SO we stopped and listened for a second! The guy was actually pretty good! It was fun!!
There have been tons of concerts here in Crotone since its the vacation month, basically there have been concerts every single night!
Friday morning we had service with Alessandro! He hooked us up with some awesome fruit! Fresh pears and grapes! They are in season now and are so HUGE and DELICIOUS!!! It was fun! During service Anz. Lewis and I both thought that we should turn him into an investigator again! So we will see what comes of that!!
Saturday was the actual holiday of the month of august called "Feragosto!" it is basically like our labor day. But here in Italy NO ONE is open...and I mean NO ONE!!! Italy is a ghost country!! Its weird lol!! SO all the missionaries on that day have a "deep cleaning day" where we literally spend most of the day cleaning the apartment! Ours didn’t take to horribly long so that was good! (our apartment is brand new!....yesss! lol!) I did re-arrange Anz. Lewis and I's study room though for a change of scenery and its been very nice!!
After cleaning we did a little giro! Speaking of Giro...we pronounce it as this: Jee-doh (the d is because the r is slightly rolled)
Sunday was great, it was very relaxing! We ate that corn beef hash and it was FANTASTICO!!!! I also did a little reading from Our Heritage, that was very fun!
Oh yeah I also sewed myself a new pair of shorts that came out very well I’d say! I took an old pair of pajama pants and cut them down and hemmed them! So they are my pajama shorts (since it is SO hot still) and I use the others for other things! Its been great!!
We met this lady on the street that called us beautiful Americans! lol then we met another old lady that said the same thing! lol...the diet is working!!! YESSS lol ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
We also met this lady that when we stopped her said....ho fretto (which means I have things to do) and then told us to have a good vacation lol!! We both joked that when we go on vacation we would for sure wear shirts and ties lol!! It was funny!
There was this other man that spoke perfect English, he is a professor of it. We asked to share our message with him and he said that he was already Christian, in fact he is the translator of Christian literature from English to Italian. He asked if I knew a specific author and when I didn’t he slapped me in the face lol!! Now don’t worry it wasn’t hard, it was just that oh you silly boy face chuck thing lol!! It was really funny!! Also when he walked by, in English he said..."you are the salesmen of salvation!" so we explained that we don’t sell the gospel...it was funny!
Well the guy is closing up, so we will have to come back after to finish! I will talk to you then!!!
Love ya!!
Anz. Nielsen!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment