Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mar 11 NEW MAILING ADDRESS

Valletta skyline

I shared your responses to Elder Nielsen’s big news with him and he loved it! He said to “tell them all that I really really appreciate it!”

He said the mail process will have to change now because of this transfer to Malta but his new address will be much easier and quicker! So please send all mail to this new address, he also emphasized that this is the BEST way, to follow this exactly, and asked me to please get this info out to everyone:

Elder Parker Nielsen
"quattre filles" Hope street
Mosta MST03
Malta

They meet with an American family every week for dinner and a spiritual thought, the man works for the embassy there. They found a new investigator that let them in, listened to the whole lesson and agreed to have them back for more, they are pretty happy about that. They have an investigator who is working hard to quit smoking so she can be baptized. They taught her with the help of one of the members who worked in Hollywood and did most of the special effects in the movies Top Gun, Forest Gump, and Popeye (which was filmed in Malta!).

They worked in Valletta, the capital city of Malta which he said is “really cool! It is this giant stronghold city that sits on the sea! It is really pretty! the great thing is tons and tons of people go there to work and live and everything! it is a great area to work! There are so many people to talk to! It is hard getting used to doing this in English though! lol!”

The Church has a bus to take members to Church so he rode that to his first Fast Meeting and shared his testimony in this (new to him) branch. They meet for a 2 hour block on Sundays, first Sacrament meeting then 30 minutes of Sunday School and 30 minutes of Priesthood meeting/Relief Society. Afterward there is a meal with the couple missionaries and whoever else wants to join in, he said that is really fun and he is looking forward to working with the members. He was very impressed with how well the branch is functioning and said the members are very willing to help them out with missionary work!

He sounds very happy to be there…

It was really hard to leave Brindisi after so short a time but well this is where the Lord needs me! And I am SO excited to be here! islands are my thing! lol! The excitement hasn’t really worn off yet lol! I don’t know if it ever will! This is so dang awesome! I am really stoked about this! We are speaking a lot of English right now as we learn since pretty much everyone speaks it. man I have been imitating British accents a lot recently lol!!! For learning the language there is a member here that is being paid by the church to teach us! Twice a week for two hours we meet! Maltese is a mix of Arabic and Italian! The Maltese is going really well! It is really cool walking along the sea and talking to all these people! Malta is an incredible place! I love it! I am so excited to be here! I am not worried at all about it being a year! I could do this for the rest of my life! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!”

No comments:

Post a Comment