
This week he sent a copy of his weekly report to the Mission President and it was really interesting to see the goals, actual results and read Anz Nielsen’s responses to the many levels of missionary work. I think just completing that report each week would be a lot of work! Lol
Here are a few numbers from the report:
1 investigator with a baptismal date
2 investigators in Sacrament meeting
3 lessons with a member present
11 other lessons taught
3 progressing investigators*
1 referral received
1 referral contacted
2 lessons to active members
*a progressing investigator is someone who has had two or more lessons, and who is maintaining their commitments, such as reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, attending Church, living the Word of Wisdom, etc.
In one section of the report he shared this wonderful news:
“Mack and his friend David both have officially set baptismal dates for March 6th!!!!!! they are both progressing really well and working hard toward this date! The other day Mack was telling me that he had had a dream about being locked out side of this big door that he and a girl were trying to open but only he could open the door and inside were all of his family members! I felt that I should tell him that the key he had to open the door was baptism and that through his decision to be baptized he could help his whole family! He is great, he has three little kids and a wife back in Ghana and talks to them everyday! After we talked about this dream David clapped his hands and kicked his feet for joy! They are both working hard towards baptism!”
Update on Kwame –
“We have been searching for the store where Kwame works to go see him and see how he is doing and take him the certificate and help him come back to church!”
Another new investigator –
Anna, they are teaching about the importance of prophets and working to have her friend there that is already a member
Anz Nielsen said while studying Preach My Gospel (PMG) he was “thinking about my calling and purpose and thinking about how this really is not my mission but the Lord's mission! I am just a tool that He is using to spread His gospel! Also how I really need to focus my efforts on bringing others unto Christ! …everything we do in the day I ask myself "will this lead to someone's baptism or them coming back to church?" I really like to do that as I plan for each hour of the day to make sure that we can help everyone come unto Christ!”
Here are a few numbers from the report:
1 investigator with a baptismal date
2 investigators in Sacrament meeting
3 lessons with a member present
11 other lessons taught
3 progressing investigators*
1 referral received
1 referral contacted
2 lessons to active members
*a progressing investigator is someone who has had two or more lessons, and who is maintaining their commitments, such as reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, attending Church, living the Word of Wisdom, etc.
In one section of the report he shared this wonderful news:
“Mack and his friend David both have officially set baptismal dates for March 6th!!!!!! they are both progressing really well and working hard toward this date! The other day Mack was telling me that he had had a dream about being locked out side of this big door that he and a girl were trying to open but only he could open the door and inside were all of his family members! I felt that I should tell him that the key he had to open the door was baptism and that through his decision to be baptized he could help his whole family! He is great, he has three little kids and a wife back in Ghana and talks to them everyday! After we talked about this dream David clapped his hands and kicked his feet for joy! They are both working hard towards baptism!”
Update on Kwame –
“We have been searching for the store where Kwame works to go see him and see how he is doing and take him the certificate and help him come back to church!”
Another new investigator –
Anna, they are teaching about the importance of prophets and working to have her friend there that is already a member
Anz Nielsen said while studying Preach My Gospel (PMG) he was “thinking about my calling and purpose and thinking about how this really is not my mission but the Lord's mission! I am just a tool that He is using to spread His gospel! Also how I really need to focus my efforts on bringing others unto Christ! …everything we do in the day I ask myself "will this lead to someone's baptism or them coming back to church?" I really like to do that as I plan for each hour of the day to make sure that we can help everyone come unto Christ!”
No comments:
Post a Comment