Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2nd Email
with swine flu and toe updates

Please note: this is from 2 separate emails Elder Parker wrote to both Mom and Dad so there are some repeats but enough good info in each that I decided to include them both. I'll also throw in some of the photos that he refers to in the letters and that we just got on his May camera card, the rest will be up on Picasa soon.


Hello!!! Ciao!!!

I can't believe it's already June!! Holy cow!! That went too fast!! We have twenty days left in the MTC and then we are off to ITALY!! WOO HOO lol!! Don't get me wrong I LOVE the MTC but yeah I want to go to Italy lol!! The days here just blend together! It's like one giant day lol!



At the RC (referral center) we get a lot of people that call in just to talk and it's hard, because our purpose is "To Invite others to come unto Christ!" and we try to do that but a lot of time people just want to talk since they are lonely and we do our best to fulfill our purpose and talk with them, but most times we have to tell them that we need to go. It's hard but there are people out there that we need to talk to to help them find Christ. The cool thing is the Lord's purposes will always be fulfilled in any way He wants!!

That's really cool [that you met] the man whose son opened Italy for missionary work! WAY AWESOME!!!!
(more of this story in another post, hopefully!)

[Dad] Thank you for all the awesome trips and adventures we went on!








Above: Elder Parker (center) approx age 10 with his Dad and brother
Mountain biking at Gooseberry Mesa

I can't wait for more after the mission! But right now this is where I'm supposed to be!! The mountain biking after [a church activity] sounds SO fun! We talk a lot about that here! A lot of the Anziano really loved [mountain biking] before they came! And of course so did I! We've planned a lot of trips for after the Mish lol!

Ha ha I'm glad you liked the toe pictures too! Pretty intense yeah!!??
[these pix had to be censored and were not posted on the blog because of their graphic nature!! lol] It's all good now, that foot is healing very well. I went back to the doctor and he said everything was going so well I should be able to stop the topical steroid and topical antibiotic!! Which should be so nice because I have these little applicator sticks that I have to actually insert into my toe flesh and rotate to apply the stuff....ahhh it feels so weird...I don't like it lol but it's helping me heal so I do it! I just say a prayer before!














I'm glad you liked the pictures! My photography is suffering without the time to set up and choose settings but that's ok I guess they are mission pictures!





























Ha ha the haircut is turning out ok, I’m starting to like it! No I’m kidding I really like it, its great!!!









Yeah the study gets pretty interesting!!! But it's good to switch it up sometimes! You get really sick of those little desks lol!!










Above photos: Elder Parker finds a new position for studying! lol
Elder Parker said this photo shows only HALF of his study materials!

Yeah my room got pretty bad at home and because of that I wanted to make my room here really clean especially with inspections and everything!!

The whole swine flu thing is pretty intense here. But that's because as they said they want to "err on the side of conservativeness (sp?)" so it's pretty intense. For example the Elders and Sisters that were supposed to leave for Italy today are delayed for two weeks! They had to go and unpack all of their stuff! Also if you have any sickness you have to stay in your room NO MATTER WHAT! So on Sunday Anz. Kinzie had a cold and we had to stay in our room, not just the building but the room for the WHOLE day! It drove me nuts honestly! He slept for the whole day and I just sat and studied, which was nice, but well you know! It’s all good though he's fine!!

And here is the fun part..........I got another ingrown toenail woo hoo! This time on my right foot big toe! And it got all gnarly infected!! lol!! But worry you not I got it taken care of Monday and it feels great!! This doctor was even better than Dr. Morley (total answer to prayer!) he did it quick and effectively!! More that what Doctor Morley did!! But I am grateful for both of them! For this new surgery-ed toe I have to bathe it in Epsom salts and scrub it with this weird brush and take care of it but it should be good for life!! Which is great!! Same with my right foot! So the total is now 4 infected ingrown toenails on my mission!! WOOT for the record lol!! It's all good! I feel great now and things are totally fine!!!

Let's see what else... Also we get a new district tomorrow that is going to CATANIA!!! COOL huh!?!? And there is one international Elder from....guess......guess......SAPPORO JAPAN*!!!!! He actually arrived yesterday and Anz. Kinzie and I happened to be at the front desk when he got there and I remembered enough Japanese to find out who he is and when he realized that we were going to the same mission he gave me a HUGE hug!! He is so cool!!!!!!! But the thing is he doesn't speak a lick of English!!! So we’re not sure how this is all going to work!! But things will work out! It’s all good!!!

*Fun fact - Sapporo Japan is where Elder Parker's Dad served his mission!

Yeah the whole swine flu thing is going to make it really really hard for families dropping off their children, at the curb! Their mom's can't even pin on their tags! That's so hard!! I'm so glad you were able to come with me, and be in the building and give me a BIG hug, two in fact lol before the "Band-Aid moment"!!

I'm back from the temple!!!!!!!! It was an awesome Experience!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!!!!














Can you believe it’s already June!?!?! Neither can I!! It's going so so so so so so so so fast!! The weird thing is exactly what everyone said it would be, the days go by really really slow and the weeks just zip by!! We have 20 days left here at the good ol' MTC can you believe THAT!!?? lol (This is a quote involving the word "that" so that is it's only relevance in this conversation......."I can't believe you fell for THAT!" A/P fifty first dates lol!! ha ha ha ha!!!)

That is a nifty computer hint! I just tried and guess what it works on the hyper safe MTC computers!! Cool Ne!?!
[control F to find any word]

Speaking of "ne" we got an international elder from....guess....go ahead guess.......SAPPORO JAPAN!!!! He is so cool!! But here is the thing, he doesn't speak a lick of English! It's been really neat trying to remember what little I knew and thinking of Elder Ry, trying our best to communicate! It’s great though! He is an awesome Elder! Last night (he arrived early since he is an international Elder) Anziano Kinzie and I ran into him and I remembered enough to ask his name and we found out that he was the one going to CATANIA WOOT WOOT!! I mentioned Catania and he remembered that from his mission call and said..."ah Anziano.....Catania!" and gave me a GIANT hug lol!!! He is great! Right now we are trying to help him get his e-mail set up it's hard but at the same time awesome!!

After lunch our district (since we are all going to Catania as well) went and picked him up and took him to the temple with us! It was great!! We taught him a little bit of Italian as we went! It was SO fun!! He is great! We are going to take care of him tonight during the devotional and then tomorrow we are going to take him where he needs to go!! It's really fun, he's really good friends with all of us already!!


Elders in his district (left to right):

McDaniel, Gurney, Kinzie, Nielsen, Sponseller, Mikesell


Alright here is the update on my toes...dun...dun...dun lol!!

My left foot feels great! The toes are healing so well!! (gnarly pics huh!?)
[censored!] But here is the bad news...My right foot has an infected ingrown toe nail! But here is the great news, I had another surgery and got it taken care of yesterday! The place was so nice!! I wished I had a robe and a good book to read by the fireplace kind of nice! It was great! Quick and painless!! So things are great! I have one more follow up with him to see if this one was successful next week. This time he cut out the side of the nail and stuck acid down there to kill the nail so that was great!

Ciao!!

Love,

Anziano Nielsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment