We've had many wonderful temple experiences with Parker recently!

Salt Lake Temple
St. George Utah Temple
Parker with some of the Hansen family
Draper Utah Temple
"Each temple is symbolic of our faith in God
and an evidence of our faith in life after death.
The temple is the object of every activity,
every lesson, every progressive step in the Church.
All of our efforts in proclaiming the gospel,
perfecting the Saints, and redeeming the dead
lead to the holy temple."
~Russell M. Nelson, “Prepare for Blessings of the Temple,”
Ensign, Mar. 2002, 17
We had a special FHE at the Salt Lake Temple inspired by an article in the Church News section of the Deseret News about touching the temple and letting the temple touch you.
We were blessed to attend the open house and later by satellite the dedication for the new Draper Utah Temple. It was an amazing opportunity to be inside this brand new Temple for an endowment session within the same week!
One of the many ways Parker has been preparing for his mission has been temple service. For several months now he has attended nearly every week performing baptisms for the dead. On March 12 he was blessed to receive his own endowment and can now participate fully in all of the temple ordinances! It was such a joyful occasion and one that we have anticipated since the day he was born!
Members of the Nielsen family were able to join Parker in temple service in the St. George Temple and later members of the Hansen family were able to join him in temple service in the newly dedicated Draper Temple!
During our last family vacation with Parker in St. George, we spent the whole day in the temple and participated in every single ordinance from baptisms to sealings! That was something I've always wanted to do and it was such a blessing to be able to do this with Parker!
During General Conference we felt a powerful impact when Elder Richard G. Scott spoke about Temples and we felt a sense of urgency to return often. It was especially poignant when one speaker shared the message of a child's statement "you're not lost when you can see the temple!"
Here are some links with valuable info about Temples:
This Primary song has been on my mind and in my heart during these wonderful temple experiences...
I Love to See the Temple, Children’s Songbook, 95
1. I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
2. I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.
Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938
© 1980 by Janice Kapp Perry.
This song may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use.
No comments:
Post a Comment