
We were really hoping we'd hear from Elder Parker fairly soon via snail mail because when Elder Ryler entered the MTC we remembered they let him write home that very first night. Elder Parker's letter wasn't dated but the envelope showed he mailed it on the 23rd (2nd day in the MTC) and it arrived in our mailbox TODAY (Apr 25)!! Hooray!! All our worries were gone after reading of his love for the MTC, his new companion and the missionary life! Here are a few excerpts...
"WOW! I LOVE the MTC!! This is the coolest place ever!! I love it here! I committed myself to really dive into the work so things would be easier for me. It seems to be working so far (I’ve only been here 2 days though! Lol) ...[my new companion is] Anziano Kinzie!!!! He is so awesome!!! What was I worried about? LOL So willing to work!! He is senior comp for 4 weeks, then its me! We have already committed each other to a lot of stuff! He wants to help me and I want to help him! He is really cool! We are joining choir together on Sunday. Last night also we had a district meeting where we met President Engerbreten and Brother West. They rock! I love them!! During that all six of us Anziani (plural) Kinzie, Me, McDaniel, Gurney, Sponseller, and Mikesell bore testimony WOW! What a powerful meeting!! I’m so excited to work with them! During that I was called as the District Leader!!! Cool!!! LOL !!! Simple responsibilities but they are mine. They are from God. I am so excited! Anziano Kinzie and I studied the handbook together, it was really cool how excited he is about the gospel and what a testimony!!! I love him!!! Today it was our first class with Italian. It was hard but I really felt the Spirit help me. My comp and I decided to commit to learn the language in 5 weeks then only speak Italiano!! I’m so excited to serve!!! I love it here!! So much !!! I love my Father in Heaven and He loves us!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Anziano Nielsen
P.S. Anziano Adam Jones is my Zone Leader, I see him every day for most of it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment