Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nauvoo Pageant here we come!

Elder Ryler and I will be leaving for Nauvoo on Monday! Yes, just two days after he arrives in Utah I'll whisk him off to Nauvoo but for a very good cause, we'll be volunteers at the pageant assisting in the missionary work there!

We'll be set apart as "members of the Nauvoo Pageant and as special representatives of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the duration of the pageant." So this may be the perfect "bridge" for Elder Ry from full time missionary service to pageant missionary service to everyday member missionary life!

Elder Ryler will serve on the work crew and I'll be helping in the costuming dept. I'm so excited for Elder Ryler to see Nauvoo for the first time and experience the "Spirit of Nauvoo" the way Elder Parker and I did when we were volunteers for the pageant in 2007!

For more info about the pageant please visit these websites:
Click here for the Church's official website pages about the pageant
Click here for the official website of the Illinois Nauvoo Mission of the Church

When we return from Nauvoo I'll catch you up on everything Elder Parker's been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment